Ramaphosa reshuffles cabinet
Written by Keshia Jansen on February 27, 2018
President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced several changes to the National Executive on Monday evening.
In a statement issued by The Presidency, Ramaphosa has said: “The changes are intended to ensure that national government is better equipped to implement the mandate of this administration and specifically the tasks identified in the State of the Nation Address.”
Ramaphosa notes that he has taken into account the dire need to strike a balance between continuity and stability.
With respect to Ministers, the following changes have been made:
– Former Minister of Communications Mmamoloko Kuyabi-Ngubane has been replaced by Nomvula Mokonyane.
– Former Minister of Energy David Mahlobo has been replaced by Jeff Radebe.
– Former Minister of Higher Education and Training Hlengiwe Mkhize has been replaced by Naledi Pandor.
– Former Minister of Home Affairs Ayanda Dlodlo has been replaced by Malusi Gigaba.
– Former Minister of Human Settlements Lindiwe Sisulu has been replaced by Nomaindia Mfeketo.
– Former Minister of International Relations and Cooperation Maite Nkoana-Mashabane has been replaced by Lindiwe Sisulu.
– Former Minister of Mineral Resources Mosebenzi has been replaced by Gwede Mantashe.
– Former Minister of Police Fikele Mbalula has been replaced by Bheki Cele.
– Former Minister of Public Enterprises Lynne Brown has been replaced by Pravin Gordhan.
– Former Minister of Public Service and Administration Faith Muthambi has been replaced with Ayanda Dlodlo.
– Former Minister of Public Works Nathi Nhleko has been replaced with Mr Thulas Nxesi.
– Former Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform Gugilie Nkwinti has been replaced by Maite Nkoana-Mashabane.
– Former Minister of Science and Technology Naledi Pandor has been replaced by Nkhensani Kubayi-Ngubane.
– Former Minister of Social Development Bathabile Dlamini has been replaced by Susan Shabangu.
– Former Minister of Sport and Recreation Thulas Nxesi has been replaced by Tokozile Xasa.
– Former Minister of State Security Bongani Bongo has been replaced by Dipuo Letsatsi-Duba.
– Former Minister of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Jeff Radebe has been replaced by Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.
– Former Minister of Tourism Tokozile Xasa has been replaced by Derek Hanekom.
– Former Minister of Transport Joe Maswanganyi has been replaced with Blade Nzimande.
– Former Minister of Water and Sanitation Nomvula Mokonyane has been replaced by Gugile Nkwinti.
Image via Twitter.